Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Don't Limit Yourself

Life is full of limits. You can do this, you can't do that. Some limits are very good and are put in place for my own safety. Then there are the limits that I put on myself because things are too hard or I am unsure of myself. I place up limits because of fear and pride. Sometimes life is scary and sometimes I am just afraid to fail. This is often the case in my walk with the Lord. I see people that write books, speak at conferences, have ministries and I would truly love to do all that. But I hesitate and I am unsure of myself. I doubt what God can do through me. Why? Because of fear. Because it's a lot of work. Because it might fail. Because my ideas might be rejected

My favorite Bible verse that has helped me through many times is Joshua 1:9 which says, "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." 
No matter where God leads me in life He is there. He is leading and guiding. He is making the impossible happen. I don't need to have a spirit of fear. What I really need to do is quit limiting what God can do through me because of fear. God didn't limit Himself. So I don't need to either.



Here are two videos that inspired this morning's post. The first one is of a professional pianist playing a song that he arranged. My little brother Andrew loves watching it over and over and tells me that he wants to play it. Actually, I really want to play it, but it looked rather intimidating to me......that is, until I watched the second video of a little boy playing the song. I was instantly inspired. Surely if this little fella could play that song, I can to. That's when I started thinking about how I so easily limit myself and think of things as impossible when they are not impossible. I thought about how I could apply this spiritually and the above is what God gave me. 
I thought you would enjoy watching the videos too.




No comments: