Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Don't Forget

Psalm 32:1 "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

When all is well and life is good it's easy to ignore the truth of who I am, the truth of what I've done. I don't believe that Christians should live mopey, hermit lives, always dwelling on their sin and damnation, but I also don't think that we should ignore what God has done for us. Every day that I live to serve my Maker is a blessed gift because there are so many people out there who aren't serving the Lord and who don't have any purpose to life.
What Christ did for me on Calvary was HUGE. He covered my sins! Even if that was the only act of kindness that He ever did for me, it should still be enough. I didn't deserve that forgiveness. Christ was not awarding some sort of merit on my part. He was giving His life for someone who didn't even see the depths of their own sin.
That's not something to mope about; that's something to celebrate. Don't forget what Christ did for you. Live like you are redeemed!!! Don't live life full of regrets because of your sin, let Christ take them, cover them and give you newness of life!

No comments: