Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Confident Contentment

The fair is over and reality is slowly returning. It's hard to believe that the summer is over all ready and school is starting back up. I'll be a Senior this year which is so exciting. It seems like time has flown by so fast though. When I was younger I had a goal to graduate a year early. It was something I really wanted to do, but for some odd reason the Lord didn't seem to have the same goal. He kept allowing things to happen or life to get busy so that it just didn't work out. That really frustrated me for a long time until the Lord opened my eyes to why He wanted me to still be in school this year. Suddenly being a Senior instead of a graduate this year was a wonderful blessing. I only have a couple classes left that I have to take so I'll be able to help my Mom teach some of the kids and I'll get to graduate with many of my friends, which will be really fun too.

One thing I have learned over the years is the blessings of being confidently contented with where the Lord has placed me. Whenever I fight His will for me, I end up being miserable and unhappy. However, when I am content with where I am and know that this is exactly where He wants me, my life is filled with a much greater joy. Of course there are times when God does call you somewhere else, but if He is not calling you elsewhere then why not rejoice in where He has placed you?  If I am serving the Lord where He placed me, I can accomplish so much more for Him. It's like a hammer and nail. The nail can try to replace the hammer all he wants, but the progress is going to be WAY slower than if he were doing what he was supposed to do. That's how I feel sometimes. Like that little nail wanting so badly to do the amazing job of hammering all the other nails in and not seeing my great importance in holding a structure together. Nails aren't any less important than the hammer. They just have a different role.

I have learned that I am the happiest when I am following the Lord and am confidently content with where He has placed me. That truly is the happiest place on earth to be. That is where I belong.

No comments: