Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Challenge for the Brave....

Okay, so I haven't been blogging much lately. Sorry about that to all my readers. This last month the Lord has been taking me through the valley and teaching me many things through this time. For a few weeks I not only couldn't think of anything to write, but really had no desire to write even if I could have thought of something. God was working on my heart. There were a great number of things that He brought up from the depths of my heart and put right in front of my face, thus I spent many hours in tears and prayer.
This past weekend my Mom and I attended an Above Rubies conference. I was really convicted about my daily Bible devotions and so I really wanted to start spending more time with the Lord in His Word and in prayer. A dear friend of mine, whose family put on the conference, told me about how she had read the Bible in 3 months. It sounded like a really good Bible reading plan
You can click here to see the plan.

So here is my challenge. I would really like to get some other people to do this with me, to help keep me accountable and vice versa. I will be starting on April, 9th, the day after Resurrection Sunday. As often as I can I will post about the Bible readings and we can comment or discuss what we've been learning.

(For those of you who may not have Google accounts you can still comment under name/URL or anonymous.)

I think this is a really good challenge, especially to those of us that are young and have a little more time - or at least more energy. So if you are interested in joining the challenge, please pray about it and let me know. It would really be great to have some others take the challenge with me. Yeah, it'll be hard on some days, but I think it will be life changing.

No comments: