Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

New Project - "Call Him, Maybe"

Perhaps you have heard of the song, "Call Me, Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepson. I heard it for the first time about a year ago and thought it was one of the dumbest songs I had ever heard......but, well....time went on and the song kinda grew on me. :-) Now I just wanna dance every time I hear it.

A few months ago, some of us girls were laughing about a joke that had to do with handing out business cards with Dad's phone number on them and I started singing "Call Me, Maybe," except instead of singing, "...here's my number, so call me, maybe?" I sang, "...here's my dad's number, so call him, maybe?"

Now I love parodies. I think they are simply hilarious. I just about fall over from laughing every time Tim Hawkins comes up with a new song parody. And I don't know about you, but those silly Christian pick-up lines crack me up to no end....mind you, if someone actually used one on me I'd probably walk into a wall from shock. Or just stand there and laugh hysterically. Or glare. But that's beside the point. This idea of writing a courtship themed  "Call Me, Maybe" parody has been running around my brain for long enough, so Rachel and I started re-writing the song. My gracious! We have had some great laughs over this project. Unfortunately, I am an utter fail at poetry so coming up with lines that fit the tune and actually rhyme has proven to be quite difficult.

So, I thought I might recruit a little help. For those of you familiar with the song, do you have any good ideas for some fun rhymes and lines for the song? We've got the chorus down, but we'd love to here your ideas so drop a comment below and let us know your ideas. Be warned, this will probably lead to some sever stomach pains and failure to breathe from laughing way too hard.

We'll probably be getting some help from Dad too.....he's really good at the whole rhyming thing. :-)

Hopefully in the next couple of months a new post shall appear called "New Project - "Call Him, Maybe" Music Video." Wouldn't that be epic!

2 comments:

Tara Janelle said...

HAHA! This will be so funny! When I was at Six Flags earlier this year, this song with the music video came on the screen while we were in line - it's so cheesy!

We used to do parodies all the time as kids - we made up one about how much we like Oberweis milk to the tune of Edelweiss, and we were going to make a movie trailer parody of High School Musical, but make it Homeschool Musical. It was a blast! I love parodies!!

Hannah's Reading Room said...

I know, the music video is ridiculous!!! We definitely want to make a music video eventually. Ours is going to end a million times better than Carly's. That, you can count on. Haha.
You should do the Homeschool Musical one! That would be awesome. :-)