Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fairest of the Fair

Our county fair has a competition every year for the "Fairest of the Fair." This is NOT a beauty contest, but rather a speaking contest for young ladies involved in the fair. Whoever wins, basically represents the county fair and the county. I decided to enter the competition this year and it has been a whirlwind of new experiences. I have had to go for interviews, do radio commercials, and work with lots of new people. The last part of the competition is Sunday, when I will have to do a commercial on stage and answer some questions. I really felt that this would give me a platform to share Christ with others, and so far it definitely has been. I actually got to share my testimony with the newspaper reporter who interviewed me for the article below.
Not your average Fairest of the Fair candidate
(This was actually published in our local newspaper this week. To God be the glory!)

The Lord has really opened many doors for me and I am so grateful to Him for that. I mentioned that I have to answer questions on stage this coming Sunday. Two of the questions I already know and one of them I will not know until they ask it on stage. (Scary!) I am so excited about the questions that I already am preparing for. They are:

"How has teaching piano broadened your perspective on life?"
and
"What is Bright Lights and how has it affected you personally."

Well, those that have known me for a long time know that Bright Lights is a huge part of my personal testimony. God has taught me so much through this ministry started by Sarah Mally.

I just want to ask for prayer. Sunday is approaching quickly. Please pray that God will give me boldness to glorify Him. Also, please pray that my nerves will not distract me and that I might be wholly focused on Christ. God Bless!

In Christ,
Kaila

2 comments:

Hannah's Reading Room said...

GO KAILA! We are so proud of you! It is so wonderful to watch God work in your life every single day!
Love,
Mom and Dad

Grandma Rachel said...

Kaila, Do your best and God will do the rest. I'm so proud of you!
I'm praying for you honey.
Love you,
Grandma Rachel