Welcome back y'all! I'm sorry that I have been away for so long, but I have good reason. Last week we had 4-H judging all week plus I had to do a radio commercial and an interview for a competition that I am in. All in all, I am really enjoying the first un-busy day in a while.
Last night, as a treat after the business of this week, my sisters and I watched one of my favorite operas. Hence, we have all been stretching our vocal limits today. :-)
Sometime soon I want to write a post on opera music, but first I want to get some different opinions.
So I have some questions that I would really appreciate if all my readers answered.
1. As a whole what do you think about operas?
2. Do you feel that operas are immoral entertainment?
3. Are there any operas that you feel are morally sound?
4. When watching an opera, would you use the same standards to evaluate it as you would a movie?
5. There have been many people that have said different things regarding operas and entertainment of that form. Do you have any words of wisdom (including Scripture verses) that could apply to operas?
Feel free to bring up any other thoughts that you have. Even if you have never personally seen an opera and only know a little about them, please help me out as much as you can. I love getting a feel for what others think about different aspects of music.
So, please drop a comment and let me know what you think.
I can't wait to hear what you've got to say!