Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

O Thou of Little Faith

Do you ever feel like Peter walking on the water?
There have been many times that I have felt like Peter, wanting so badly to prove my trust and devotion, and yet I sink because I take my eyes off Christ. When Peter went to walk on the water to Jesus, it was storming. There were waves big enough to toss their ship around. If Jesus hadn't been there and Peter decided to walk on those waves, I'm assuming he would go down pretty fast. But when Peter had his eyes on Christ, he was above those waves. When his eyes were on Christ the storm could not pull him under. It was only when Peter's faith fell and he saw the wind and the waves, that he fell.
In life, there are different types of wind and waves. There are different storms that hit us, but those that keep their eyes on Christ will be lifted above the waves. Peter did not have the faith and trust in his own strength to keep his eyes on Christ. That's why he went under. But Jesus didn't let him drown. He immediately stretched out His hand and pulled Peter up.

Yes, there are many times that I feel like Peter walking on the water.
There are many times that I have looked away at the storms and been pulled under.
Every time, His hand has reached in and pulled me out.
And then He says to me, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"

No comments: