Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

More Reformation Day Faire Stuff

And here's some very late highlights from the Reformation Day Faire.


Mr. Potter was excellent! I learned a lot about the persecution that the Scottish Covenenters went through.




 Mr. Serven went through some important points in the Westminster Confesseion of Faith. It was so rich.


 
Jared, my brave Scottish brother! He was the only one man enough to wear a kilt! (Just kidding) I was so blessed to find a lady that knew how to make kilts and she showed me how so that I could make this one.


Andrew and his Scottish baseball binky. ???
He didn't like his costume and it was off about 5 minutes after this picture was taken.

There was a really neat family that all knew how to do various Country Dances and so during Towne Square they got the bag pipe player to play some songs while we danced.


Nathan and his leatherwork.

Kendra and her candle.


Highland Games!
Yep, that's my brother with that GIANT log! (I don't know if I could even lift that thing, none the less throw it. :-)

Why it's..... Jared Wallace!

Go Michael!

Funny story here. See that little boy in the kilt fighting Nathan? Well all day on Saturday he kept popping up and was talking to me. He was really sweet and hung around me quite a bit. Anyways, I was having a conversation with some girls at the conference when he jumped in and started talking. One of the girls asked if we were related. He put his hands on his hips and declared,
"Do I look old enough to be married?"
All I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh. Hey, at least we know there's hope for me someday. During the dance, he asked if he "may have this dance," several times. He was soooooo cute.

Jared Wallace off to battle.

My beautiful sisters and I.
The ball was in a gym so the lighting was difficult for taking pictures and I didn't have time to edit the ones we took. Sorry.

We had a wonderful time.

2 comments: