Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, You're Only A Day Away!

Well tomorrow is the big day, at least for my piano students and I. Piano Recital 2011...whew...time sure flies by! It seems like we just had last years recital two months ago. I'm excited, nervous, delighted, scared-to-death, jittery, and tired all at once. We practiced lessons at church today. It went well, but there's no place like home. I have seventeen students in the recital this year, (two more starting soon, Yeah!). They have all been working so hard. I will say, I have almost every song, being played, memorized after all of the time we have spent working on them. Of course, there's always the anual, "Magic Man," and "Amazing Grace," but I've grown so used to hearing those songs at the recital that it just wouldn't be the same without them.
Usually I make a piano cake for the recital, but this year I cheated. I ordered a cake. It looks really cute and it saves me a lot of time. I'll see if I can beat my mom on getting pictures uploaded. :-) I'll be playing a couple songs tomorrow. One is "Fluttering Leaves," by Carl Kolling. Someday I will make a video of me playing it. (Someday; not today, not tomorrow, not this week...someday.) I am also playing "A Passion For Thee," which I played at my teachers recital.

Well, I've got programs to finish and policies to write. I just wanted to give an update and ask for prayer for tomorrow. I'm excited, but there's always that slight fear that something will go wrong, someone will forget their music or worse their song, someone will start crying etc. etc. I just have to trust that God has it planned out perfectly.

In Christ,
Kaila
P.S. If any of y'all would like to come to a Piano Recital tomorrow, I'd love to see you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!! Wish I could be there.
~Bethany