Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Butterflies Have Flown Away!


Well, the nerves have died down and the relief of another recital down has arrived! It was wonderful to see how well everyone did. I am so thankful to God for getting me through and strengthening each one of my students. All glory be to Him!
This was Jared's second recital. He played "Christopher Columbus" as a duet with me, and "Fairest Lord Jesus."


He was so scared. He told my mom, "I'm so nervous, even my nerves are nervous!"


He made it through and was as cute as ever!

Above is my newest student Faith. She has only been taking for a few months and has really been doing well.

I just love duets!


Kendra played "Hoe Down," "Tango Staccato," and "Give Me That Old Time Religion."
“Give me that, old time religion. It’s good enough for me!”


Okay, I have a funny story here. Rachel and Anna worked and worked on this duet and never once played it perfect for me. I was waiting for a disaster, but they pulled it off. The played it better than they ever had before. I was in utter shock. Why did I work so hard?
Rachel played, "Overture from the Opera Raymond," "A Little Prelude," (by: Bach) and "This Little Light of Mine," (duet with me).


Michael shocked me to pieces! He played better than he ever had for me. He likes being the comedian of the show and put a little act into his pieces. It was great!

I played two songs, as I mentioned in the last post. I am so grateful to God for the gift of every one of these students. Afterwards, it was like one huge party since most of the families know each other. We had a great time.


Parker, Drew, Justin, Michael, Julia. Jared, Kelly, Rachel, Kendra, Emilee, Faith, Anna, Emma, Kayla, Christopher, Daniel, and yours truly.


An excited little girl.


Jared and his friend Laurel.
 They all did marvelous! I am so so thankful to God for His great mercy. I do not have pictures of all of my students playing yet. I will try to get some from other people at the recital. Michael, (my tech guy) is going to see if he can get the recital downloaded onto my laptop so that I can make a highlights movie. We'll see.....

3 comments:

Daughter of Eve said...

So glad it went well! =) Wow... you have a lot of students. I am impressed! God has given you a great gift =)

Blessings,
Rebekah

Hannah's Reading Room said...

Thanks Rebekah! God worked everything out so wonderfully! All glory goes to Him. :-)
It is so nice to hear from you. How are you?
Kaila

Daughter of Eve said...

I am doing alright. =) Just finished a very busy month of lots of school, tests, etc. Life has been crazy lately, for a bunch of reasons. So I am glad that school is, for the most part, over. =P
I have your letter sitting on my bookshelf, waiting to be replied to... and I am hoping to get to it soon! Just so you know. ;)
It is really nice to be able to read your blog and hear how you have been doing. =)