Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Way God Speaks

I am not a poet.
In fact, I am an utter fail when it comes to poetry.
If the poem is meant to be deeper than a rat with a hat and a baseball bat, then I just can't seem to write it.

Last night, as I was struggling to do a poetry assignment for my English class, I was reminded of God's infinite greatness. Throughout Scripture we see all different styles of writing, some very poetic and some simple prose. Each book, sometimes each chapter, has it's own way of speaking to us because of the way it was written. This is a beautiful thing.

I love reading the words of Jesus especially. He spoke in such a simple, yet colorful and vivid way. His words place pictures in my mind that help me understand, in a truer sense, what He is saying. He is the Shepherd, the Door, and the Vine. Each of these pictures shows a different aspect of our Savior. The thing I love the most is that He did this in a simple way, with common language that even children could understand. He did not use unpronounceable words to impress the people with His great vocabulary. He spoke so that they could hear and be taught. I love that about Christ.

I pray that even in my un-poetic state, I can reach people through writing.
I suppose the best thing I can do is to keep learning from my Master.

No comments: